Tuesday, July 1, 2008

In Step and Missteps

I took my first ever Zumba class this morning.  I am exhausted, refreshed, sweaty, alive, and achy already.  I've been thinking of taking this class for quite some time, but "things" got in the way.  I had some valid and not valid excuses about why it was not going to work.  

Then all the substitutes for the Zumba  didn't seem to work.  My inner self was still waiting on me...patiently.  However, I have learned and relearned not to let my soul's needs go unfulfilled.  Things start to go weird.  So, when the opportunity came once again and was so convenient, I decided to do it.

Wow!  It was a small class, everyone was a beginner and the instructor was kind, patient and totally in her groove.  In short, I stretched my muscles and mind and knew that this was also satisfying to the soul.  Just because it felt so good!

So, now I need to recover- I'm not used to this much exercise.  It is good to recover in this way. 
Think about something you've been thinking about doing, but put off.  Consider the "nudges" from your soul and then watch for "happy coincidences" that appear.  Then, DO IT!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to receive comments. Please leave your contact info rita.desnoyers@gmail.com if you would like me to reply to your comment. Thanks! Rita