Tuesday, June 24, 2008

Slowing Down

When I tune into them, there are tons of signs for me to take action or not take action on a particular thing in my life.  This week there have a quite a few signs for me to SLOW DOWN.  I've been running fast.  It has been extremely productive and exciting and exhausting and although it feels like there are still a million things to do and explore, my body, my kids, my spirit, and most recently, my car has been signaling to rest a bit.

First, I started getting periodic stomach upset.  Then my butt has been aching (took a strength bands class- what a workout!) and I had to slowly walk around to lessen the soarness of my rear.  Then my kids have been climbing on and off of my lap more often than usual and my 4 year old can't seem to survive without me being with her 24/7.  Most recently, my car battery drained due to yesterday's panic pushing of still mysterious buttons in my minivan, setting off the interior lights.  I literally could not go faster than a slow jog to get anywhere after that.

What a blessing!  I had a larger block of time this morning to just chill.  I realized just recently that when this stuff starts it is so much easier to just surrender to it than to try to work around it.  If I've done the later, the signs become more dramatic and I'm stuck in bed with a soar back or lost something that I regret. Although that in itself can be spiritually illuminating.

So the next time you stub your toe or hurt your back or your car dies, curse if you must, but then take it as a sign to slow down and maybe smell the roses.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to receive comments. Please leave your contact info rita.desnoyers@gmail.com if you would like me to reply to your comment. Thanks! Rita