Sunday, November 2, 2008

Are You Worth It?

I've had a number of discussions recently about worth and how we do things in order to feel that we are "earning our keep". I've made some progress on this one, but it still trips me up from time to time. I have done things to prove to myself and others that I am worthy. I have done things out of fear of losing something important and not so important. I have done things for many, many reasons that were not from the heart.

But when I allow myself to get grounded and remember who I really am, I can see all the doing from those less powerful places as unnecessary and often self-defeating. When I remember who I really am, my GodSelf, I remember that I need nothing from the outside. I create from an inspired, loving place. It's not from a place of need for money or fame or accolades. It is not a place of guilt or obligation. It's a place of love and power and living in abundance. It is a reflection of my true worth. It can never come close to my unlimited value, but can reflect that I am in need of nothing because I already possess all that I need.

I was teaching my course this week and we were discussing "jumping off the cliff". That is, taking action on a dream. I said "You have nothing to lose. You have nothing to prove. You have nothing to earn. Your purpose is to experience the joy and create from that place."

Now, many have argued that they have a lot of lose from following a dream. Their income, their houses, and their families could fall into jeopardy. I am not saying that you should abandon your family and join the circus if you think you want to be a clown. But, you could look into clown school while keeping an income going and seeing what it holds for you. Why is following a dream mutually exclusive with having family and prosperity?

I would also answer that not following their dream could result in losing important people and things. It is an illusion to think that life is not constantly in motion. Change happens all the time. You can't keep things the same because they never are. However, if you really create from the place of pure joy and love and abundance, the result will always be joyful, loving, and abundant. There will be times of challenge and doubt. That's part of the ride of life. The trick is how you perceive and approach these times.

If you live your life from a fearful place, you are more likely to lose the things you afraid to lose. If you live your life from a joyful place, you are more likely to create more joy in your life. You will be able to deal with any loss and more and more life will be flowing great things to you. You also have to approach all of life with this joy. That means feeling joy in your present job, in your present home, and with your present spouse. It doesn't mean you need to stay where you are, but to see the best in it in order to attract and create more of the best. And it will be better and better as you allow these feelings to grow in you.

For instance, if your marriage is not going as well as you'd like, decide what is going well in it and focus on that- even if you don't think the marriage is going to make it. Be truthful and kind and see what can be resolved. Ask for what you want and encourage your mate to do the same. If you are being abused, get out and get help and see this as a wake-up call for both you and your mate about how to love yourselves. Focus on how you do love yourself and create from that place.

If your job is not fulfilling, see what you do love or like about it. Why do you love these activities so much? What feeling states are you wanting in your career? See if you can feel those right now. Focus on that part while being truthful about what you don't feel good about. Can you stop doing the parts you don't like? Can you talk to your boss about how things are going for you and negotiate for more tasks that include your strengths and joys? If you can work on being joyful in your job then you are much more likely not only to attract more joy from your present position, but also attract positions that contain more joyful activities and people.

Are you getting the idea here? Feel the feelings you want right now. Those feelings that reflect your worthiness. Then create from that place. The world is waiting for you to remember your true worth and follow your dream.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to receive comments. Please leave your contact info rita.desnoyers@gmail.com if you would like me to reply to your comment. Thanks! Rita